12 – 14 October 2022
Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipation Summit 2022
Content of the 2022 GESDA Summit
In 2022, the geopolitical stakes of science and diplomacy are at the forefront, and will be reflected in the Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipation Summit, to be held 12-14 October, at Campus Biotech, in Geneva. With a more challenging environment for collaboration, there is an even greater need to discuss future possibilities and share best practices for inclusive and responsible diplomacy.
This year, GESDA’s Summit will showcase new science breakthroughs and the results of the GESDA methodology. The core programme will focus on
1) an evolving Science Breakthrough Radar® with new topics and revised fields;
2) GESDA’s Solution Pathways that are generating momentum for change (examples include the Open Quantum Initiative, the Neurotech Compass, Accelerating Decarbonization, and a Coalition for Anticipatory Science and Diplomacy);
3) the resulting Political Endorsements of GESDA’s task force driven workstreams that support cross-sector community engagement.
On exhibit will be ways to collaborate on beneficial paths forward and how to take advantage of opportunities while minimizing the risks that invariably accompany innovation.
The 2022 Summit programme will again convene leading minds and influential figures in the academic, diplomatic, impact, and citizen communities and invite new voices to actively engage in GESDA’s growing set of activities. Participants will:
- exchange with the political authorities in charge of multilateralism in Switzerland and abroad;
- exchange views in cross-cutting conversation with peers on essential domains of future diplomacy action;
- jump into active workstreams and support inclusive science deliberation and impactful diplomatic methodologies for beneficial social outcomes;
- convene and hear from the world’s leading experts in other fields of interest;
- join a growing cast of experts and diplomats driving multidisciplinary science & diplomacy efforts; and
- share experiences onsite with robotics, neurotech, VR/AR, and interactive displays and sessions.