Ne pas toucher cette bascule sera masqué
Communications and Digital Content Manager (80% - 100%)
The Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipator (GESDA), a Swiss foundation and private-public partnership, was created in 2019 by the Federal Government and the Canton of Geneva to serve as an anticipatory science and diplomacy tool for greater impact and multilateral effectiveness. It has produced three major accomplishments so far: two editions of the GESDA Science Breakthrough Radar®, two editions of the Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipation Summit and a Solution Accelerator with the release of a first pipeline of solution ideas. GESDA serves as an honest broker of science-backed information, remaining neutral and objective as it gathers ideas through broad consultations. For more information, see www.gesda.global
Tasks and Responsibilities
GESDA is currently recruiting a Digital Communication Manager to manage and feed GESDA’s digital communication (web pages, social media). The person we are looking for is ideally endowed with qualities that allow him/her to deliver creative work and to manage GESDA’s communication tools in a rational and orderly manner.
Digital Communication Manager responsibilities include:
- Content design, creation, and feed of communications on website / social media
- Analytical review of impact, i.e evolution of subscribers
- Safe-guarding GESDA brand and identity consistency
- Coordination of social media coverage during the Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipation Summit and the Science and Diplomacy Week
- Management of the GESDA website and community management platforms
- Preparation and distribution of the monthly newsletter
- Coordination of video production
- Support media/press activities
- Coordination with external partner
Advanced university level degree (Master’s level) in communication, social sciences or equivalent, or Certificate of Advanced Studies in Digital Communication, or equivalent.
3-5 years relevant experience in a similar role, preferably in international, governmental, or not for profit environment. Experience in public relations close to politics is a plus.
- Agile in social media community development, including analytics
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Appetite to prepare visually attractive and message conveying communication
- Excellent language skills in English and French are a must, German is a plus.
- Knowledge of wordpress, hootsuite, mailchimp required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite of applications
- Inclusive, respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Team and solution oriented with ability to work together as a team with a variety of stakeholders and meet deadlines
- Confident and winning attitude with the ability to engage senior leaders from science and technology, diplomatic or academic communities
- Hands-on doer with a capacity for quick delivery and getting the job done
- Resistance to stress and pressure
- Flexible product-oriented mindset
As a multilateral start up, we are offering as of 1 April 2023 (or according to agreement) the opportunity to join an ambitious and dynamic team in an international environment working on cutting edge issues of human development. Place of work is flexible with readiness for regular onsite presence in GESDAs headquarter in Geneva.
If you are interested, please send us your complete application documents by 10th February 2023 per e-mail as PDF file. Your contact person at GESDA is Jean-Marc Crevoisier, Communications and Marketing Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Digital Communication Manager
Scope of position: 80%-100%
Start of position: April 2023 or according to agreement
Place of work: Flexible with regular onsite presence in Geneva.
Contact person: Jean-Marc Crevoisier, email@example.com